Quintairos, Prieto, Wood & Boyer, P.A., a multi-office national firm has an immediate opening for a full-time entry level Legal Assistant working out of our Chicago Office. The individual in this role will assist attorneys handling workers compensation cases.
· Under attorney direction, draft and prepare pleadings and any other documents as necessary.
· E-file documents when required in a timely manner.
· Ensure that all documents have been proofread, edited and revised as necessary for accuracy and formatting.
· Maintain attorney calendars including handling the calculation and calendaring of all deadlines.
· Schedule depositions, hearings and any other legal proceedings necessary.
· Respond to client phone calls and emails promptly and professionally.
· Correspond and coordinate with opposing counsel, clients, court personnel, staff and any other individuals in contact with the firm promptly and professionally.
· Assist with trial preparation.
· Coordinate with other legal assistants as necessary to collaborate on work.
· Assist and support the subpoena department.
· Collaborate with the billing department and assist with any inquiries.
· Ensure organization of files including maintenance and management.
· Monitor files and escalates issues requiring attorney involvement. Perform timely handling of highly sensitive issues and materials related to case.
· Perform other duties as assigned.
· 1+ years of prior legal assistant experience supporting attorneys preferred.
· Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications such as Excel, Word, Power Point and Outlook required.
· Experience managing attorney’s schedules, calendaring court dates & deadlines preferred.
· Experience e-filing with the state court system.
· Requires critical thinking skills, superior communication and organizational skills, decisive judgment and the ability to work with minimal supervision.
· High School Diploma or its equivalent required.
Our firm offers competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits package for full-time hourly employees including medical, dental & vision insurance, employer paid life insurance, employer paid short-term disability insurance, generous 401(k) plan match, paid vacation, and more. Benefit offerings for positions other than full-time may vary.
This position is considered to be mostly sedentary and will require the employee to sit for extended periods of time. It will also require the employee to occasionally stand, walk, and reach with hands and arms. They may engage in bending, stretching, reaching and other motions in the course of a working day. They will be engaged in using office equipment and computers. They may engage in lifting of supplies and materials up to 20 pounds from time to time. While performing duties of this position, the employee is regularly required to see, talk and hear.
This job is located primarily in an indoor office environment with varying noise levels. There may be varying degrees of temperature. The employee may be interrupted from time to time.
The above statements are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and activities required of the position. They are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed for this job.
For immediate consideration for this opportunity, qualified candidates should forward their resume. Compensation commensurate with experience. QPWB is an Equal Opportunity Employer seeking enthusiastic candidates eager to work in a fast-paced and challenging environment.
*This position follows a hybrid work model and requires both in-office and remote working capabilities. This is subject to change at the firm's discretion.*